Six A-Team Raiders qualified to wrestle in the MD Jr Leagues States today. Congratulations to our 5 place winners!
- Champion – Sisto Averno
- Runner Up – Morgan Vandergrift
- 5th – Cole Kreshtool
- 7th – Jamal Everette, Christian Wirts
Outstanding end to the season!
Info: http://raidersnw.com/?page_id=5 (or click Spring Clinics menu!)
Wrestling first week – all practices 6:30-8:00 pm, arrive 6:20pm
- B-Team (from last year) and new wrestlers – Wed. November 9th at Franklin High
- A-Team (from last year) – Wed. November 9th at Franklin HS,
and Thu. Nov 10th at Franklin HS
- B-Team – Tues & Thurs @ Franklin HS
- A-Team – Mon & Wed @ Franklin HS, Thu @ OMHS
Competition schedules – will be finalized and released shortly, starting 12/3 & 4.
Home matches are set:
- A-team – Sat. 12/10, 12:00-6:30pm, set-up, weigh-ins, 3 matches, and clean-up
- B-Team – Sun. 12/11, 12:00-5:30pm @FHS, weigh-ins, 2 matches and clean-up; then Sun 12/18, 12:00-5:30pm @OMHS
If you haven’t yet registered, please do so here ASAP http://reisterstownrec.com/cms/raidersnw
Looking forward to another GREAT Raiders season!
-Tom Montanye, Wrestling Program Chair
Raiders Northwest Youth Wrestling is now registering on-line for the 2016-2017 season. We will have novice teams practicing at Franklin High School, and our A-Team practicing at Franklin and Owings Mills starting in November. We take new registrations through December. Competitions December-February. Boys ages 6-15, all sizes and experience levels. $95/each or $155/family.
A-Team: Tonight 11/19 no practice (Owings Mills HS cancelled us)
11/25 and 11/26 – Thanksgiving Holiday
B-Team: 11/26 – Thanksgiving Holiday
All parents/wrestlers: Be sure to register on-line registration before attending practices, which this year will be as follows (same as last year):
Franklin High B-Team
First practice is November 10th, then Tuesday & Thursday 6:30-8pm, all at Franklin High. There will be no Owings Mills practices this year for B-Team.
Travel / A-Team
First practice is Monday November 2nd at Franklin High, then Monday & Wednesday at Franklin High, and Thursday at Owings Mills High, all from 6:30 to 8pm.
At the beginning of the first practice, we’ll have a brief “new parent” break-out for a “what to expect” and Q&A.
Bring with you (or mail in advance):
- A copy of the wrestler’s birth certificate or other government issued proof of birth date (we keep)
- Payment (if you didn’t pay on-line)
- You will need to sign 1 league acknowledgement form before practicing.
What to wear?
- Gym clothes & clean court shoes or wrestling shoes
- No zippers or mud
- No jewelry
- Sports goggles/glasses if you wear glasses and can’t operate without them
- We will talk about ear guards
-Coach Tom Montanye, 410-935-3526, Northwest Raiders Youth Wrestling, Program Director, Substitute Coach
Calling all Raiders past, present and future… Join us on the float in the Reisterstown Festival Parade this Saturday 9/7. Meet us at 8:30 AM sharp on the road right behind Food Lion, we’re 10th in line. Wear your Raiders shirt (supposed to be a cool, clear morning) and help us toss candy from the Raiders ship. Parade starts moving at 9AM and we’ll be done by ~10:00 for pick-up at the Reisterstown Shopping Center. It’s always a great time so come out and promote your team! RSVP to Wrestling@RaidersNW.com with who and your cell phone (in case of last minute weather/ changes.)
Like in wrestling, you will never go undefeated in life, and wrestling teaches young people how to overcome defeat. Mark Manning, head wrestling coach of the Nebraska Huskers talks about how wrestling prepares you to handle life obstacles.
Rami Tadros, 2nd @ 85 lbs/10-11 age division
Sebastian Cummings, 2nd @ 85 lb/12-13
Sisto Averno, 3rd @ 55 lb/8-9
Morgan Vandergrift, 3rd @ 60 lb/10-11
Jonathan Short, 3rd @ 115 lb/12-13
Josh Lipsey, 4th @ 95 lbs. 12-13
Big congrats to these Raiders!!