2/16 @3:30pm Update – Although BSPC has announced they are cancelling tomorrow at 4:00, Rec & Parks is reserving judgement until tomorrow morning.
The Age-Weight Tournament on Saturday, 2/17/18 is being held at the Community Center in Randallstown. Status update due to weather will be posted here.
Raiders Northwest Youth Wrestling is now registering on-line for the 2017-2018 season. Practices start in November. We take new registrations through December. Competitions December-February. Boys ages 6-15, all sizes and experience levels. $95/each or $155/family.
Six A-Team Raiders qualified to wrestle in the MD Jr Leagues States today. Congratulations to our 5 place winners!
- Champion – Sisto Averno
- Runner Up – Morgan Vandergrift
- 5th – Cole Kreshtool
- 7th – Jamal Everette, Christian Wirts
Outstanding end to the season!
Wrestling first week – all practices 6:30-8:00 pm, arrive 6:20pm
- B-Team (from last year) and new wrestlers – Wed. November 9th at Franklin High
- A-Team (from last year) – Wed. November 9th at Franklin HS,
and Thu. Nov 10th at Franklin HS
- B-Team – Tues & Thurs @ Franklin HS
- A-Team – Mon & Wed @ Franklin HS, Thu @ OMHS
Competition schedules – will be finalized and released shortly, starting 12/3 & 4.
Home matches are set:
- A-team – Sat. 12/10, 12:00-6:30pm, set-up, weigh-ins, 3 matches, and clean-up
- B-Team – Sun. 12/11, 12:00-5:30pm @FHS, weigh-ins, 2 matches and clean-up; then Sun 12/18, 12:00-5:30pm @OMHS
If you haven’t yet registered, please do so here ASAP http://reisterstownrec.com/cms/raidersnw
Looking forward to another GREAT Raiders season!
-Tom Montanye, Wrestling Program Chair
A-Team: Tonight 11/19 no practice (Owings Mills HS cancelled us)
11/25 and 11/26 – Thanksgiving Holiday
B-Team: 11/26 – Thanksgiving Holiday
All parents/wrestlers: Be sure to register on-line registration before attending practices, which this year will be as follows (same as last year):
Franklin High B-Team
First practice is November 10th, then Tuesday & Thursday 6:30-8pm, all at Franklin High. There will be no Owings Mills practices this year for B-Team.
Travel / A-Team
First practice is Monday November 2nd at Franklin High, then Monday & Wednesday at Franklin High, and Thursday at Owings Mills High, all from 6:30 to 8pm.
At the beginning of the first practice, we’ll have a brief “new parent” break-out for a “what to expect” and Q&A.
Bring with you (or mail in advance):
- A copy of the wrestler’s birth certificate or other government issued proof of birth date (we keep)
- Payment (if you didn’t pay on-line)
- You will need to sign 1 league acknowledgement form before practicing.
What to wear?
- Gym clothes & clean court shoes or wrestling shoes
- No zippers or mud
- No jewelry
- Sports goggles/glasses if you wear glasses and can’t operate without them
- We will talk about ear guards
-Coach Tom Montanye, 410-935-3526, Northwest Raiders Youth Wrestling, Program Director, Substitute Coach
Rami Tadros, 2nd @ 85 lbs/10-11 age division
Sebastian Cummings, 2nd @ 85 lb/12-13
Sisto Averno, 3rd @ 55 lb/8-9
Morgan Vandergrift, 3rd @ 60 lb/10-11
Jonathan Short, 3rd @ 115 lb/12-13
Josh Lipsey, 4th @ 95 lbs. 12-13
Big congrats to these Raiders!!